So you are that dad...who can make neither head nor tail of what is happening with the world. It is fast-changing- the music is at its worst, no one plays outside anymore and the electricity bill this month nearly gave you a heart attack. And this child of yours...his head is within his mobile screen and he has online strangers for friends. And dear God, what is that hairstyle? But you love your alien and want to be the best dad there ever was.
A tad ambitious, but Jholu has a few tips up his sleeve. Follow these four gifting rules to win the day.
Rule #1: No, Money does not promise good gift:
Cheap gifts are today’s go-to. Creative gifting ideas are no more than a few hundred bucks. It is the idea that matters.
- Who knew an antique Harry Potter quartz pocket watch would come this cheap? It is a perfect gift to make a gentleman out of your son.
Seems too medieval? There are fandom gifts inspired by your child’s favorite movie.
Stylized air-pod cases are perfect and the cheapest flaunt-prop. Get these for your music-obsessed young ones, they will love it.
Rule #2: Practical gifts can also be cool gifts:
Distill the myth that practical gifts like good, sturdy bags come at boredom. These daily items come with a twist.
- Check out this incredible water-proof foldable bag that your travel-bug son will die for.
- Or a lovely Hedwig snow-bag for your Potterhead waiting for her admission letter.
Rule #3: Mainstream is mediocre
Purchasing gifts from amazon isn’t the only way out. If you are truly aiming for something special, it has to be more than typical gifts for boys and gifts for girls. Choose little, creative coves that offer customized gifts.
- For instance, purchase a quirky electroluminescent bow-tie for your son instead of bland black ones.
- Or a cool astronaut cell-phone holder that would be a nod at your child’s dreams for the skies.
Rule #4: Set the environment right
Gifting isn’t one-dimensional. It isn’t simply handing over gift boxes on an occasion. To be the best dad, you need to tweak the surroundings too. Add in a bit of fun to the mundane.
- Purchase an inspired set of marvel coasters for the dining table. Themed gifts are the right way to set the message straight.
- A set of star-spangled fairy lights for your aesthetic child or neon LED wires for the ones, a tad wild. They will love you for setting the atmosphere.
Yay, you have made it to the end of this list! You most certainly deserve to be the world’s best dad. Gifts for sons and daughters aren’t easy to find but totally worth the struggle, trust us.